4.14.2014

DEAR FRIEND

Dear Friend,

You don't know who you are and my guess is, you'll never read this.

But thank you.

I've learned things from you. Simple things. Just by watching you and spending short amounts of time with you.

People don't influence me very easily... hardly ever really. But by you not trying, you have. That makes you unique.

I've learned the beauty of silence from you. I've learned that it's okay to sit with with someone and be silent. It's not awkward. It's not rude. It's solace in this chaotic world.

I've learned introverts can emulate confidence. I gained confidence from you. Your quiet personality doesn't make you insecure, it makes you an observer.

If I took more time to observe rather than be the one being observed, I could learn much more. And luckily I realized that now.

Anyway,  I just wanted to say a simple thank you.

Sincerely,

Madeline

1 comment :