3.21.2014

10 THINGS YOU HAVE TO DO THIS SPRING

Welcome to spring. I absolutely LOVE spring. I love spring so much that I made a list of the great and productive things you HAVE to do this year. Trust me, it will enrich your life. Here we go!

1. Take a hike

Yeah, take a hike. Get out there before it gets too hot during the summer. Spring is the perfect time to hike in the mountains. It's brisk yet often gets warm enough in the middle of the day to take off the jacket and just wear a t-shirt. Pick a hike that isn't too high in elevation so you won't run into snow and don't forget your camera!

Spring Hiking

2. Read a book in the park

I say read in the park because there's something about the park benches or a blanket on the grass and the sunshine on your face that makes it magical for a book. I also personally love the background noise of birds chirping or kids playing on the playground. It helps me feel included in the community as odd as that may seem. I like to be part of things but also have my own personal space. Start a new book or grab the one you're already reading and head over to your local park! If you have pets or kids, this would be a great activity for them as well.

3. Plant something

If you have a garden, my guess is you'll be starting to plant in the next few weeks. But if you don't have the space for a garden or the time, get a pot, some soil and plant seeds or flowers you bought from the store. Keep your plants on your porch or somewhere you will see them often to bring you fresh happy thoughts. If you would rather plant fresh herbs or vegetables, those can be potted and some can even be kept inside as well. Do your research before you plant. Green plants and flowers bring a fresh spring feeling to the home and yard as well as a satisfying feeling when the growth becomes noticeable.



4. Spring Clean

The moment cleaning is mentioned, most people tune out and get overwhelmed. But in reality, think about the feeling you get after your house is clean. It's worth it! I personally love to stay clean because I'm happier in a clutter-free and sanitized environment. Start with a room a day and after a few days or a week, you're home will be spotless! It's that easy. If you don't know where to start.. Mom It Forward offers great cleaning printables. They have one for every room. While you're cleaning, find things you can get rid of or never use and donate them to your local secondhand discount store. I find that opening the windows and blinds in my home makes it feel fresh and clean. I always like to light a candle as I'm cleaning or once I'm finished. It gives it the finishing touch.

5. Get in the Easter Spirit

Get festive. Pull out your Easter decorations! If you don't have any, it's a great time to craft and make some! Even putting fresh flowers on the kitchen table or counter make it feel more festive. Put out a bowl of easter candy. Bake fluffy Easter cupcakes! DO SOMETHING!

6. Shop the sales

During the spring, most stores have sales on their winter clothing. It's the PERFECT time to get great deals on jeans, sweaters, coats, jackets and shoes! I have found many of my favorite winter and cold weather articles of clothing during the off season months. It's cheaper and it's fun to wear the new clothes the next fall and winter! Trust me, it's a great money saver. H&M always has great blowout sales on their winter clothes. I've bought the most adorable sweaters there for $10!

7. Clean the car

Spring is a great time to get a car wash and vacuum out the inside. I know that I hate washing my car in the winter because it just gets dirty again from all the dirt and salt. Say goodbye to snow and crap being tracked onto your floor mats! It's SPRING!! Clean the inside of your windows too! They usually get a gross winter film on them. If you really want to go all out, get a new scented air freshener to make your car feel extra clean and fresh.

8. Get the yard cleaned up

Take a Saturday afternoon and sweep the porch, rake up the old leaves, clean the flower beds out and get the yard looking clean. If you don't have a yard, clean up your porch or garage area.

9. Have a bonfire

Get your friends or neighbors together and have a bonfire. Bring camping chairs, treats and drinks and make an evening out of it. Bring the kids or make it just a friends night out. Go up the canyon or by the lake or even to a fire pit. Have everyone bring some wood or pitch in to get some pallets. A bonfire is a great social event for when it's not to hot and not to cold outside. Everyone likes a bonfire.



10. Visit baby animals 

Usually the zoo or a farm will have baby animals in the spring. I know Cache Valley has baby animal days on April 3-5 at the American West Heritage Center. It's so amazing. You get to hold baby chicks, ducklings, bunnies, goats, and pet sorts of baby animals! They also have little baby bear cubs that you can see. Anyways, my point is that baby animals are the best and you should make time to see them this spring.

Holding a baby duckling

Petting a baby calf
Now that I have provided a list... there is no reason or excuse why you shouldn't do a few of these things. 

HAPPY SPRING!! 


1 comment :

  1. I couldn't agree more with this post! I just took a hike on Monday and LOVED it. All of the mud was dried up, so I didn't have mad everywhere after! Also, I need to catch this cleaning bug because I am stuck in the uncleanless. (Yup, I just made a new word up.)

    ReplyDelete