6.05.2014

Thursday Ramblings..

This week I've had a lot of interesting topics come up in conversation.. I mean A LOT! My mind has been racing and I haven't been able to turn it off for one second. I've just been thinking, thinking, thinking.

The first thing I've been thinking about a lot this week is mermaids. Are they real? Because apparently there was a mermaid body found and I just heard about it! The documentary is called, Mermaids, The Body Found. What the weird? I can't even get my mind to stop thinking about them

My opinion: I think mermaids are real! No joke! Not the Ariel ones that wear shells on their chest and sing really pretty but the dark eerie ones with sharp teeth. I think a "mermaid" is a prehistoric sea creature that existed at the beginning of time. I also don't think they were so human-like, I think they were more fish-like with a few human characteristics. Such as an upper skeletal structure like a human but with webbed hands and gills like fish.. and sharp teeth. I bet they didn't have noses and ears like humans, but like fish. And probably not skin but something more like scales.

Disclaimer: Is that weird? Am I a freak for thinking they're real?

----------

The second thing on my mind is the word judgement. What does to judge even mean? If the world had a more universal definition and everyone was on the same page, it wouldn't be such an issue. And can anyone really say they don't judge?

My opinion: Everyone judges. Every. Single. Person. Even those who feel judged. They're making a judgement by accusing someone else of judging them, therefore being judgmental. It's a word that is overused and taken advantage of. It's a word that people throw around lightly when feeling insecure or vulnerable.

How many times have you heard people criticize a religion for being judgmental? Personally, as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I hear "mormons are judgemental," all the time. Well.. shall we turn the tables and look at how they are "judging" mormons? Maybe the people of the religion feel judged and not accepted by the other person? It's a two way street and a vicious never ending cycle.

Solution: Stop thinking judging is going to end. Because it's not. So just accept it and move on. Don't be so sensitive and "judging" won't be such an issue. Trust me.

Disclaimer: In no way do I think to judge someone is a positive thing, but more of the natural man in each of us that needs to learn how to be controlled.

Wow, these are just two of the many many things on my mind. As you can see, the topics vary drastically and trust me, there's even weirder things than mermaids. What do you think about mermaids? And judging?

I'd love to know your thoughts on my Thursday Ramblings...

1 comment :

  1. MERMAIDS. I hope they are real and I want to be friends with them. Let's search. I loves your view on judgment, you said everything I had in my head but worded it better than I could've. Is looking for the good and the uplifting really a judgmental thing? Is choosing not to hang out with someone or do something make you judgmental of all of the activities of a person or a person who is choosing what you do not? It's thrown around way too often, just like the word nice is. How many times do we say "yeah, but they're nice" because we don't know what else to say... Whoa. Sorry. You got my mind spinning. :)

    ReplyDelete