3.09.2014

GIVING LIFE LEMONS

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, right? But what is a lemon? Is a lemon a trial in this life? Is a lemon an unwanted gift? Is a lemon a sour attitude?

Who's to say what a lemon is. Everyone's definition of lemon is different but they all possess a common attribute; they're there to make lemonade. 

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Recently I've been reflecting and self assessing. I do this often and each time I learn something new about myself. I reflect by talking out my feelings with those who are close to me. As I was talking to an individual a few days ago, the thought of lemons came to mind. 

To me, a lemon is a situation. One I can learn and grow from. 

Lemons are my stepping stones. They're what pave the way for my existence. I'm stuck without them. At a standstill in the road. Like a railroad track that abruptly ends. Each lemon is another piece of the track laid down in front of me urging me to move forward. 

I frequently search for lemons because I love making lemonade. I love paving my path. Each person I meet, activity I attend, situation I place myself in and decision I make is my way of giving life lemons. 

Not all lemons are good. Some are sour, some are unwanted and some flat out strive to make my life miserable. That's when I start to make lemonade. Every lemon is capable of of producing lemonade. It could be sweet or it could be tart. Either way, there's something to be made and something to be learned. 

It's taken me awhile to grasp the fact that the bad lemons serve a huge purpose in my life. They are half of my railroad track and without them, I wouldn't be where I am now. I wouldn't be able to get to where I'm going.

It's important to recognize the good lemons as well. Often times the saying "when life gives you lemons, made lemonade" has a negative connotation. But when you realize life is constantly giving you lemons in the form of blessings, it's that much easier to move forward. 

The next time you are feeling like you've been given a sour batch of lemons, count the sweet ones and remember lemons are a gift and life doesn't have to give them. 

No comments :

Post a Comment