2.24.2014

CARRYING THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD..

Sometimes I feel as if I'm carrying the weight of the world. But here's the catch... I bring it completely upon myself. And I kinda like it.

I have such a high expectation for myself and I feel like in order to maintain it, I need to stay as active and involved as humanly possible. 

Very recently something has changed. 

I had the opportunity to receive my roadmap. Guidance and inspiration from Heavenly Father through a patriarch. It's something I could have never imagined until I had the sacred opportunity to receive it for myself. It's a blessing that is dedicated only to me. I didn't feel like life was cloudy until I saw the clarity after receiving my blessing. Many of life's worries disappeared. I am comforted with the soothing reassurance and promises made to me and I am excited for the path that lies ahead of me. 

I was reminded that I am loved. I am loved immensely not only by my mother and father but by my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. I am a chosen spirit with a purpose here on Earth. 

I realized my worth. I realized that I am not just "another person" in God's eyes. I am not just a human walking the earth aimlessly living pointlessly day by day. No. I have duties. I have responsibilities and I have purpose.  

He has a plan for me.

Things were put into perspective. I realized how much He knows me. How much he admires me. And how much He knows I'm capable of. His faith in me strengthens my faith in Him. 

I am blessed beyond measure. 

I know I'm right where I'm supposed to be. I now realize carrying the weight of the world is a privilege, a privilege that I have. It's something meant for me. The weight of the world is just another way of saying endless opportunity. 

I have a book full of empty pages that I get to write. I get to decide what happens and where my journey goes. I get to carry the weight of the world and craft it into whatever I so desire. 

---

If you would like more information about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, visit lds.org

1 comment :

  1. Maddie, I loved this! I love knowing you got some clarity in life. I know for me that life get cloudy all the time and it's so great to have those moments of a "higher power" or "this is worth it". It was so nice to read this because it even gives little old me hope. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete