7.16.2014

Memoirs of a Moab Adventurer

The MMT. Hundreds of adventurous people gathered together enjoying the outdoors and playing on mother nature's playground.


I had the opportunity to attend the 2014 Massive Moab Trip about a month ago and heck, it was an absolute ball! I made new friends, grew closer to old friends, got my fill of adventures and almost DIED (okay, not really...read on.)

I chose a few of my favorite photos taken by my favorite photographer Scott Jarvie at Jarvie Digital to represent our trip in a nutshell. I love these pictures not only because they're fond memories but because I have strong emotions attached to each one. I remember the way I was feeling when each photo was taken. My smiles are genuine and not posed or pushed for a photo. The people surrounding me radiated positivity and to think,  photos are just a glimpse of the real thing.

Jarvie taught me that everyone has a personality to capture in a camera. Some may be harder to capture than others but everyone has a story to tell. I love this picture of Jarvie and I because it's literally a photo of us sitting doing nothing significant. But, it captures our silly personalities.

No that is not frosting on my lip mom, it's the sun.

As I mentioned above, I met many new friends. Of course not all of them will ever read this but I want to say thank you. Thank you for the friendship. Yes, I know I can be a bit overdramatic sometimes (okay, like all the time) but I appreciate the people so much who are willing to open up and show kindness to someone they've never met. 

Mandy, one of my adorable new friends. :)

I spent the majority of the time jeeping while we were in Moab. If you've ever been jeeping in Moab you know that it's a good time. It's also a scary time... like when the jeep rolls. Oh, how would I know you may ask? Why don't you talk to Mr. Ta'ala about that one. I personally think there was no logical reason he rolled on that obstacle so he likes to blame it on me "distracting" him. Come on Braden! Admit your faults. Don't worry though.. he had to do it again and prove his manhood. Needless to say, I watched that time. 

See the guy standing on the jeep? Meet Braden. See where his hand is? That's where I was!


After the rollover, I spent more time in the Razor with these fun folks that look like models. 


Swimming and cliff jumping at Left Hand

Jarvie and the besties
All in all, it was an unforgettable trip full of surprises and adventures.


  


The end.


No comments :

Post a Comment